Late Payments and Shut-Off

Under normal circumstances, payment received after the due date shown on your statement will automatically incur a 10% penalty beginning at 12:01 a.m. the next day. Failure to receive the statement in the mail is not recognized as a valid excuse for not paying bills on the date they are due.

If the water account has two billing statements that are past due, the service will be scheduled for disconnect.

If you can not pay your water bill, please call us at 206.362.8100. and we can help you set up a payment plan. We also offer a Low Income Water Rate Reduction Program for single family residential customers whose total household income from all sources does not exceed the “very low income limits” set annually by HUD for the Seattle / King County area. Learn more by calling us or viewing the application on our Forms page (listed alphabetically under “Low Income.” This program is limited to the first 150 single family residential customers.

How to Change Who Receives the Water Bill

If the owner of a property would like to have the water bill sent directly to a tenant or other person, the property owner must complete a form called “Request to Bill Non-Owner.” This form is available from our office or on our Forms page (listed alphabetically under “Request to Bill Non-Owner.”

If this is the first time a property owner is changing the name on the account, there will be a one-time $25 change fee.

The property owner can choose to receive a duplicate copy of the bill so that both owner and tenant receive the statement. Shut off notices will still be sent to the property owner.

Regardless of where the statement is sent, any and all unpaid water service charges levied against a property are ultimately the responsibility of the property owner by law.

If you have questions about your bill, please call 206.362.8100 within 60 days of receiving the billing in question.