North City Water District provides a professional workplace with a strong teamwork environment. Our focus is on our customers and providing a resource for our community. Our employees are the key to our success.
Current Open Position: Utility Office Person I – Task Group A
North City Water District (NCWD) in Shoreline, Washington is currently seeking an individual to assist our office staff in performing tasks related to the collection and entry of information into the Utility computer systems, including service and support related to these activities. The Utility Office Person Level I is the first of three levels in the Utility Office series. View the complete Job Description >
Utility Office Supervisor
Full-time, Monday thru Friday during the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Starting at $68,914 and in one year, $72,359.
- Customer Service and Account Management
- Utility Billing
- Payment Processing
- Event Coordination
- Administrative Support
- Records Management
- Documentation and Training
Examples of Work (illustrative only):
- Answers phones and greets visitors in the lobby and at the drive-up window; directs customers, vendors, and the public to the appropriate person.
- Maintains customer account information, such as change of ownership, change of tenants, name and address changes, and emergency contact information.
- Receives and processes customer payments, monthly utility billing statements, customer account adjustments, and sends quarterly consumption data to appropriate agencies.
- Acts as the District’s Point of Contact with the Saving Water Partnership including coordination of the Savvy Gardner Classes
- Provides administrative support including preparation of Blanket Voucher Approval Documents, board meeting agenda packets, and process / policy documentations, as well as file maintenance, organization, and storage.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the District.
- High school graduate or GED equivalency required.
- Associate Degree in administrative services, bookkeeping, or general studies or equivalency.
- Two (2) years in delivering exceptional customer service and using a computerized billing and collections system for recording customer payments.
- One (1) year of prior experience working for a public / government employer (this experience can be concurrent with the 2 years of experience identified above).
- Proficiency in using 10 key by touch calculator.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Power Point.
- Experience with Springbrook software or similar utility billing software.
- Able to speak and write clearly in English.
- Strong organizational skills to complete job duties that entail multiple and often simultaneous deadlines.
- Able to effectively and efficiently multi-task.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision.
General Working Conditions:
This position is performed in an air-conditioned office environment. The work is subject to frequent interruptions from customers, management, and associates. The employee must be able to calmly and professionally respond to the occasional disrespectful and demeaning customer.
- The employee may sit for long periods of time.
- The employee is required to move about the office easily and quickly from the front counter to the drive-thru window.
- The employee must be able to lift 10-15 pound cash drawers and files.
Job Posting Period:
Wednesday June 29 until filled; first review of resumes is scheduled on July 11, 2022.
How to Apply:
Phone calls and emails regarding this position will not be accepted.
Submit a completed and signed Employment Application, cover letter, and resume to the attention of Paulyne, either in person, by fax to 206.361.0629, or by postal mail to North City Water District, 1519 NE 177th Street, Shoreline, WA 98155
No emailed applications will be considered.
Prior to employment, a criminal history background check and reference checks will be conducted on the top candidates.
All employees are subject to drug testing.
Why Work for North City Water District?
Founded in 1931, North City Water District currently serves approximately 27,000 people within the cities of Shoreline and Lake Forest Park, covering a roughly 5 square mile area. As a public water district, we operate independently from the Cities of Lake Forest Park and Shoreline.
The District is governed by a three member Board of Commissioners elected by the voters in our service area. We employ a variety of professional staff including civil engineers, accountants, operations personnel, and administrative staff, all overseen by a District Manager.
Together, our mission is to provide high quality drinking water to our community in a manner that promotes conservation, maintains customers’ trust and protects their financial investment in the District.
We provide a professional workplace with strong, supportive teamwork environment. Our focus is on our customers and providing a resource for our community. We believe our employees are the key to our success. Specific benefits include:
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Assistance Counseling and Training
- Optional participation in State of Washington Department of Retirement Systems Deferred Compensation Program
- Participation in State of Washington’s Health Care Authority’s Medical and Dental Benefit plans
- Participation in State of Washington Department of Retirement Systems Plan
- Vacation and Sick Leave Programs
- VEBA Medical Savings Account