Ever since your Special Purpose Water District was founded in 1931, one of our guiding principles has been proactive infrastructure management.
By systematically improving our water system a little bit each year, this keeps everything in top form, and spreads out the cost to remain more affordable to ratepayers—rather than delaying maintenance and getting surprised with a massive problem and/or rate increase.
In keeping with this philosophy, we are poised to begin the following projects in 2023:
- Bothell Way Crossing: redundant water service to the Sheridan Beach community
- New Water Main Installations:
- 18th Avenue NE — scheduled to take place after school is out for the summer, given its proximity to Kellogg Middle School
- 3rd Avenue NE (aka the non-motorized trail)
- Water Main Replacements:
- 5th Avenue NE
- NE 155th Street
- NE 168th Street
- New Maintenance Facility – completed 2021
- North City / Denny Clouse Pump Station – completed 2017
- Remodeled and Expanded Administrative Office Building – completed 2013