If you know someone who is interested in pursuing a career in the water and wastewater industry, now’s the time for them to apply for a scholarship from the Washington Association of Sewer & Water Districts (WASWD)!
Sewer and Water Districts across Washington state provide a valuable service to our communities. In recognition of the need for educational advancement at all levels within this industry, WASWD offers scholarships ranging from $500 to $3,000 per individual. Best of all, the application deadline has just been extended to July 30, 2020.
WASWD’s Scholarship Fund is dedicated to Walt Canter, a long-term Commissioner (1969-2017) of the Cedar River Water and Sewer District, in honor of his many years of service to the industry in the State of Washington.
Requirements to Qualify for a Scholarship:
Applicants must be:
- An employee, elected official, or family member of someone whose organization or business is a member of WASWD; – OR –
- Any Washington State Resident
Additional Minimum Requirements:
- Full or Part-time student
- Attendance at an accredited college, university or technical school
- In pursuit of an Associates, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree
- Majoring in management or technical training within the water or wastewater industry